2018 Mercedes-Benz GLA vs. 2017 BMW X1
2018 Mercedes-Benz GLA
2017 BMW X1
Matching the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLA against the 2017 BMW X1 demonstrates that vehicles in the luxury SUV segment aren’t as equally matched as you might believe. Delivering superior comfort while offering state-of-the-art technology covering everything from connectivity to safety, the Mercedes-Benz GLA truly represents the pinnacle of automotive comfort.
The cabin of the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLA is a luxurious place in which to find yourself, with the following features coming standard:
- MB-Tex Upholstery: Combines a rich appearance with supple leather-like feel and contrast double top-stitching.
- Ambient Lighting: Subtle LED illumination flows from several key areas across the Mercedes-Benz GLA cabin.
- 14-Way Power Driver’s Seat: Adjust your seat to achieve individualized support.
Unfortunately, those features are either unavailable as standard or absent entirely from the 2017 BMW X1.
Part of what defines a luxury SUV is an ability to bring high-end tech you might never have experienced before. The Mercedes-Benz GLA already outpaces the BMW X1 as standard, delivering such features as an 8-inch display vs. a 6.5-inch display and an 8-speaker sound system vs. a 7-speaker sound system, but it’s in terms of available technology that it most discernibly excels.
For example, the BMW notably lacks the Mercedes-Benz GLA’s available Apple CarPlay/Android Auto software, which lets you sync your smartphone with your touchscreen, sound system, and connectivity systems to browse apps, call contacts, stream music, and more.
Drivers often forget to consider safety features when picking out a luxury SUV, but staying protected across the roads of League City and Pearland is just as important as staying comfortable and connected.
The Mercedes-Benz GLA understands, responding with exclusive safety features:
- ATTENTION ASSIST®: Continuously monitors up to 70 separate parameters of driving behavior, providing an alert if signs of drowsiness are detected.
- “Welcome Home” Feature: Several exterior lights will be activated when you unlock your vehicle in the dark, illuminating a safe path in the process.
Drive the 2018 GLA at Mercedes-Benz of Clear Lake Today
The 2017 BMW X1 feels just as spacious and powerful as the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLA, but it lacks the same next-generation technology and first-class fittings. Whether you’d like to apply for financing directly, explore trim levels, or simply arrange a test drive, our team are ready and waiting to find your perfect Mercedes-Benz GLA. Feel free to contact us today.